A Dozen Sightings Of Flying Bat-Like Humanoids Have Been Reported In Chicago This Year
The Singular Fortean Society, a website dedicated to “investigating the impossible,” has recorded over a dozen different sightings of flying humanoids in Chicago in 2017. The most recent sighting occurred just last month in Logan Square, when a bouncer at The Owl saw a “bat-like humanoid” flying over the lot across the street from the bar.
The sightings have generally taken place in the late evening or at night in or near a park. Witnesses have all described a large, bat or bird-like creature with humanoid features. If you see any bat-like humanoids please contact The Singular Fortean Society.
The Singular Fortean Society has compiled a detailed timeline and reporting of all the sighting so far:
- A semi truck driver reports strange medical maladies after spotting a flying humanoid flying over a Chicago expressway on March 22nd, 2017.
- A witness walking their dog in Chicago’s Oz Park runs into a paralyzing winged being on April 10th, 2017.
- Three separate witnesses report seeing an unidentified flying humanoid over Chicago between April 15th and April 16th, 2017.
- A man fishing with his son on the banks of the Little Calumet in Chicago sees a weird winged being after hearing an eerie, unexplained sound on April 27th, 2017.
- A man and his son see a bat-like creature while out walking in Calumet Park on May 5th, 2017.
- A family walking along the riverfront sees a flying humanoid cross over the William P. Fahey bridge within a week of the May 5th sighting.
- A married couple witnesses a large, black, bat-like creature with glowing red eyes near the intersection of North Wrightwood Avenue and North Lakeview Avenue on May 27th, 2017.
- Two different couples see a large, bat-like flying humanoid in the Lincoln Park area on June 3rd, 2017.
- A jogger near the Navy Pier sees an enormous bat take wing and fly towards the water treatment plant on June 17th, 2017.
- A couple, along with a crowd of people, sees a large, black, bat-like creature with humanoid features near the Adler Planetarium on June 23rd, 2017. A second report received in early July confirms the sighting details of this report.
- A police officer, along with the officer’s partner and a group of civilians, sees a “dark black shadow with wings” standing atop a building before taking flight in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood of Chicago on June 29th, 2017.
- A security person taking a break outside of The Owl sees a bat-like humanoid flying over an empty lot across the street on June 30th, 2017.
To report a sighting, contact Lon Strickler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly at 410-241-5974; or fill out UFO Clearinghouse’s contact form.